Roof Waterproofing For Caravans, Campers & RVs
Heat Reflective & UV Stable Roof Top Coat
The ideal combination to waterproof & seal all leaking roofs on camper vans, combis & mobile homes.
This Waterproofing Top Coat will bond to a base coat of Liquid Rubber creating a flexible roof coating that will not only stop water leaks but also provide heat reflective properties.
How to Apply Liquid Rubber Waterproofing & Premathane White Top Coat
Premathane Top Coat is applied in 2 coats over the fully cured Liquid Rubber.
Premathane Top Coat can be applied on both vertical and horizontal surfaces using either a brush or roller.
- Is resistant to pollution & most chemicals
- Is odourless
- Is UV stable
- Requires no pre-mixing or hardeners
How to Prepare Your Surface
As with all waterproofing membranes, the surface must be dry and free of anything that could adversely affect adhesion - if you apply the product correctly it WILL do the job.
- You should be sure to remove all loose, scaling, peeling, blistering, chipping, cracking, chalking or gravel, dust, dirt, sand, soot, grease, oil, uncured tar, wax, soap film, animal fats or petroleum-based residue, coal tar, chlorine, salts, efflorescence, or any other chemically reactive substance (solvents) that may affect adhesion.
- Wire brush or if needed high-pressure water blast should be used to thoroughly clean all surfaces prior to application if any of the above conditions exist.
- Surface should be free of all mould, mildew or any other living organism and COMPLETELY DRY.
- Mildew and similar growths can be killed with 1 part household bleach to 2 parts water, followed by a thorough rinse with clean water.
- All surfaces must then be allowed to THOROUGHLY DRY before proceeding with application.
- Smooth surfaces such as glass, st-steel, plastics, etc should be abraded or etched beforehand. In some cases a primer may be needed.
- If joints, corners, upturns and downturns or gaps need pre filling, the sealant ( usually polyurethane or acrylic fillers) must be completely cured first or the gases from the sealant curing may cause harm to membrane.
- Read more about Caravan Roof Waterproofing HERE.
Even though the image below is a commercial roof we have recently completed with Liquid Rubber + Premathane Top Coat, the method is exactly the same.
After Liquid rubber + Premathane Top Coat