How to apply Liquid Rubber?
- Make sure that the surface is as clean as possible. Wipe with mentholated spirits.
- Brush or roller the surface with Liquid Rubber using textile bandage to detail any joins, corners, penetrations etc.
- Once the first coat is cured (approx. 24 hours), apply second coat allowing to cure. (For ponds etc. apply 3 coats!)
How To Use Liquid Rubber?
You will be surprised how much Liquid Rubber can do!
Video - Waterproofing with Liquid Rubber
This is a short video showing the many uses of Liquid Rubber. Liquid Rubber is 100% environmentally friendly containing no VOC's and is perfectly safe to use in the DIY environment.
How To Apply Liquid Rubber?
Apply with Brush or Roller
What is the coverage for Liquid Rubber?
4L Bucket of Liquid Rubber approx. 3-4m2 @ coats
15L Bucket of Liquid Rubber approx. 11-13m2 @ 2 coats
DIY Waterproofing -
We have over 30+ years of construction and waterproofing experience and use Liquid Rubber for our own projects.
When doing a DIY application the ONLY way it can "go wrong" is when the steps are not carried out properly and a shortcut has been taken or lack of care when preparing or applying.
Coverage: 15L Bucket approx. 11-13m2 @ 2 coats
4L Bucket approx. 3-4m2 @ 2 coats
Curing Time: Typically cures within 24-48 hours (depending on application thickness, temeprature and relative humidity) into a tough flexible waterproof barrier when applied to a minimum of 1000 micron (1mm) Dry Film Thickness (DFT)
As with all waterproofing membranes, the surface must be dry and free of anything that could adversely affect adhesion - if you apply the product correctly it WILL do the job.
- If using sealants in the joints and junctions etc. make sure the product is non-solvent based or non-acetic. We recommend using an acrylic sealant and allowing it to dry completely.
- If using polyurethane sealant they must be allowed to completely cured before applying Liquid Rubber as the solvents in some polyurethanes will affect the Liquid Rubber (some even after they’re cured).
Cleaning After Application
Liquid Rubber -
For Liquid Rubber Product Warranty - CLICK HERE
Heat Reflective Top Coats
Thermo Top Coat
Perfect for metal/concrete roofs, caravans etc!
Thermo Top Coat is the ultimate top coat to be used in conjunction with Liquid Rubber. It adheres to Liquid Rubber and has much more elasticity than normal paints.