- in Blog
Below ground tanking & retaining walls require best practice waterproofing techniques.
If the following principles are adhered to, there is no reason small retaining wall projects cannot be applied as DIY application.
Choosing Best Retaining Wall Waterproofing Products
- Concrete block, masonry or bricks are porous in nature.
- Cracks and porosity of the wall materials allow water and moisture to penetrate from adjacent soil to interior walls.
ALWAYS use a WATERPROOFING PRODUCT and not DAMP PROOF.
- Although these two waterproofing products may look very similar, they are VERY DIFFERENT in how they perform.
- Many contractors continue to use dampproofing because once the foundation is backfilled the area is “out of sight, out of mind”, and once the house is finished and sold it becomes the homeowner’s problem if the foundation starts to leak.
- The small amount of money you save by not using proper waterproofing when the home is built, can cost you a lot of money to fix when water appears in your basement after one or two years, or even sooner.