- in Blog
How To Waterproof Your Fish Tank
Liquid Rubber waterproofing membrane is perfect to seal either glass, concrete or plywood aquariums.
Liquid Rubber is:
- Non toxic
- Completely safe for fish - even humans
- Strong adhesion to just about all surfaces
Liquid Rubber waterproofing products are elastomeric membranes that remain extremely flexible after curing.
The membrane seals the walls completely making it waterproof - no leaks !
Waterproofing tanks using Liquid Rubber is extremely simple
- Easy to apply
- One part product - no mixing or thinning required
- Just paint or roll on
- No odour - eco friendly - safe to apply indoors
- Three size buckets - 4 L, 10L & 15 L
4L Bucket costs $100 and covers approx. 4-6 sq/m 10L Bucket costs $220 and covers approx. 11 sq/m
15L Bucket costs $290 and covers approx. 16.6 sq/m
- Liquid Rubber is water based and environmentally friendly - it will not cure when applied over silicon.
- We use polyurethane for any caulking work i.e around windows, inserts etc
Geotextile bandage to re-inforce joins
Liquid Rubber used for aquarium walls
Just paint Liquid Rubber on with brush
Liquid Rubber applied to plywood