- in Blog
How to waterproof a pond using Liquid Rubber waterproofing paint?
- Clean the pond thoroughly & let dry.
- Apply Liquid Rubber & bandage to all areas needing extra reinforcement such as penetrations, joins etc.
- Apply 3 coats of Liquid Rubber allowing to cure approx. 24 hours between coats.
- Let final membrane to cure minimum 3 weeks.
- You can now fill your pond!
How to apply Liquid Rubber for a pond - Step by step guide
Step 1 - Clean & Prepare
Start by cleaning the pond thoroughly. We recommend high pressure washing. Make sure that the surface is free of mold, dust, mildew etc.
Sometimes it's also a good idea to scuff back the surface lightly to ensure good bonding surface for Liquid Rubber (particularly when the surface is quite smooth).
Step 2 - Detail with liquid rubber & Bandage
If your pond has any areas that require extra reinforcement now is the time to detail. Apply Liquid Rubber and bandage on all joins, corners, penetrations etc.
Simply brush on a bit of Liquid Rubber, lay the bandage and prush over the bandage until the bandage is saturated and bonds to the surface.
Watch the video below on how to use bandage.
Step 3 - Apply 3 coats of Liquid rubber
All ponds require at least 3 coats of Liquid Rubber - this is done by applying one coat at the time allowing each coat to dry for approx. 24 hours before applying the next coat.
Apply the product with a brush or a roller in a slightly thicker manner than normal paint (not too thick though!).
Step 4 - Let cure for minimum 3 weeks & Fill
Once you have applied the 3 coats of Liquid Rubber it is vital that you allow the membrane to fully cure for minimum 3-4 weeks. This is dependent on climatic conditions.
Once fully cured, you can fill your pond with water!
(03) 8812 2918
Pick Up Blackburn North Vic
Delivery within Australia
- We are here to help you and with over 30+ years in the Construction and Waterproofing industry – we have a wealth of information, knowledge and experience to share.
- We are Registered Builders & Certified Waterproofers who use Liquid Rubber ourselves on own professional waterproofing projects.
- Further information phone us on 03 8812 2918