Waterproofing Retaining Walls
Below Ground areas are difficult to waterproof effectively.
- With contemporary design, living areas are often at basement level or below natural ground level.
- In these cases there is always the potential for movement of ground water and surface water to run-off into the building structure.
- The perimeter of the building, particularly perimeter walls, often retain this water.
- The result being accumulation of ground water against the outside face of the perimeter walls where they are below ground level.
- And then the problem may extend beneath the timber floors or slab and even causing water up into walls.
- Remember concrete, masonry and many natural types of stone are inherently vulnerable to water penetration.
Using Liquid Rubber Waterproofing Membranes
- After curing, Liquid Rubber provides a membrane that is a tough, highly elastomeric, seamless impervious barrier to moisture.
- Liquid Rubber is seamless and incredibly flexible - it will move with your building - the slab and the foundation.
- It is robust with unprecedented longevity - the new generation of waterproofing.
- This provides the perfect waterproof membrane for soil, concrete, masonry blocks, prefabricated panels and bricks.
Below ground tanking & retaining walls require best practice waterproofing techniques.
If the following principles are adhered to, there is no reason small retaining wall projects cannot be applied as DIY application.
Choosing Best Retaining Wall Waterproofing Products
- Concrete block, masonry or bricks are porous in nature.
- Cracks and porosity of the wall materials allow water and moisture to penetrate from adjacent soil to interior walls.
ALWAYS use a WATERPROOFING PRODUCT and not DAMP PROOF.
- Although these two waterproofing products may look very similar, they are VERY DIFFERENT in how they perform.
- Many contractors continue to use dampproofing because once the foundation is backfilled the area is “out of sight, out of mind”, and once the house is finished and sold it becomes the homeowner’s problem if the foundation starts to leak.
- The small amount of money you save by not using proper waterproofing when the home is built, can cost you a lot of money to fix when water appears in your basement after one or two years, or even sooner.
What is Waterproofing?
DIY Paint On or Roll apply waterproofing
Use Roller Application
Don't forget to protect your below ground waterproofing membrane!
As professional waterproofers, we use ARMA BLUE adhesive protection sheets.
ARMA BLUE is ideal for protecting waterproof membranes prior to backfilling and carrying out landscaping.
- Waterproofing membranes can be seriously damaged after installation.
- Damage occurs from coarse sharp stones during back filling, landscaping and/or tools from construction trades working over the newly installed waterproofing membrane.
- ARMA-BLUE is a tough, robust and durable external laminate premium protection system.
- This composite product uses cross linked foam and has many benefits over conventional Core Flute Board - which is a lot cheaper than ARMA BLUE though in our opinion inferior protection for your waterproof membrane.
Delivery throughout Australia
4L ($120) & 15L ($350)
Don't forget to protect your waterproofing membrane from backfill damage!
We use ARMA-BLUE commercial grade protective board.
It is the best there is !
We don't trust our membranes with any other product.
Purchase ARMA-BLUE by online or
Phone 03 881 22918